Red Tears

This entry was made into poem form in my other blog.

It has taken me forever to realize that what is common is not always what is normal.

Of course, normal is relative. I have been living in my own 'normal' universe my whole life. It was normal, was normal to turn away, was normal to ignore, was normal to become defensive and evasive, was normal to resort first to illogical reasoning...
So perhaps it is normal? Two said so. Believed so. Accepted it as so.
Why?
I can't accept it as normal any longer. It's not.

Little girls play with Barbie and Ken dolls, who live in a huge house with sports cars and every other plastic luxury that can be bought...and their plastic life is perfect. Barbie looks great, is kind, and Ken goes to work and comes home and is kind. It is a cruel trick that the real world proves too often to present a grotesque mirror, where this perfect world is presented, but behind the mirror is a raging war.

Why must the world be war? Why must love be hate?

Another world behind the mirror exists, and I pray I am not yet hardened and cynical that I don't believe in the naivety and simple elegance of pure affection and white intentions. That I am not tainted by the biting black sarcasm, shrouding, and venomous lies and words so commonplace to all on the Earth. I fear I am, but apply a tourniquet of love that may stop the spread and save me, save us.

0 Responses to "Red Tears"